Sheila Stone has had a GREAT midlife crisis…!
…Since her 50th birthday she has…
- Earned her BA at UCLA, going at the same time as her two sons (they didn’t live together and it’s a big campus!);
- Went to grad school in Leeds, England living in the lovely market town of Skipton, North Yorkshire;
- Participated in an archaeological dig at Bamburgh Castle in northern England; and had a great time – even though the box she sent ahead with her sleeping bag arrived just as she was leaving!
- Lived in an Irish hostel for three months, in a room with seven other women … and one bathroom;
- Volunteered at an English school in Spain, discovering a previously-unknown talent for squirting red wine into her mouth from a bota-bag;
- Performed stand-up comedy at the Edinburgh Comedy Festival;
- Spent a summer in Japan interviewing middle-aged women about their lives;
- Wrote three books: Boomer Bloomer – A guide for women *still* on the wrong side of the glass ceiling; Unmarried With Children – the single parent’s guide to family fun; and How to London … without going broke.
Now … isn’t this the kind of person YOU’D want to get your travel advice from??!